Tuesday 5 June 2012

Camera and dragonfly pendants

Since setting up my workbench in April / May, I've managed to make a few things at home. These were two of the first things I made - a camera pendant / charm and a dragonfly pendant. I've been obsessed with camera things since getting into photography about 5 years ago and I've always wanted a cute camera necklace - so I made my own! It's set with a blue-green chalcedony cabochon as the lens.

Camera pendant necklace charm

silver dragonfly pendant necklace
The dragonfly was inspired by the season and the summer weather aproaching. The silver wings have been textured with hammers.

I also bought a new dremel last month, which has actually enabled me to polish things now. It's a pretty cool tool, except I still haven't worked out all the different accessories - but it's opened up a whole new range a possibilities. I choose the dremel over a barrelling machine (although I want both) to give me the flexibility of using it with drills, burrs, etc - but now I'm drooling over a magnetic polisher instead of a tumbler, which I only discovered on saturday - as it polishes delicate pieces in about 15 minutes flat. My tool wishlist is growing longer every day...!


1 comment:

  1. Tools are completely my biggest addiction! I want more and more and more! But I have to behave myself :(

    Love both my dremel and my tumbler though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...